Your next chapter awaits.
2023-2024 Leadership & Society Initiative Full Application
Welcome and congratulations again on being selected to submit a full application to join the inaugural cohort of the University of Chicago Leadership & Society Initiative. Please complete the application form below to submit your candidacy. Be advised that there is not a ‘save’ function in this webform, so we suggest that you prepare your materials in a Word Document or other application and transfer into the webform when ready to submit. You can download a Word version of the application questions here (or a PDF version here).
If you are applying with your partner or spouse:
Please provide the name and email address of you partner when prompted in the ‘Personal Information’ section below. Each partner is required to submit a full application separately, and the LSI team will pair your applications. Partners will be reviewed through a parallel process and admission will ultimately be offered to the couple if selected.
The core components of the application are:
- Uploading unofficial transcripts from all prior degree programs
- Three (3) short answer questions (up to 250 words each)
- A Statement of Purpose (up to 1,000 words)
- Providing names and contact information for two (2) references
Each section below provides detailed instructions for what is required.
Applications are currently being reviewed on a rolling basis through mid-June.
The requested deadline to submit your application was included in your invitation to apply, though you are encouraged to submit at your earliest convenience. Once your application is received, you can expect to hear back within two weeks on if you have been selected to conduct an interview with the Selection Committee. The steps in the admissions process are listed below for reference. Should you have any questions, please contact the LSI team at LeadForSociety@uchicago.edu.
2023-2024 admissions process:
- Early June: Full LSI applications are due.
- Mid-June: Select candidates are invited to participate in video interviews.
- Late-June: Admission notifications are sent out to candidates.
- Mid-July: Accepted candidates must confirm their intention to complete the fellowship experience.
- September 25: The inaugural cohort arrives on campus to begin the program.
Thank you again and we look forward to reviewing your submission.
Submit Your Candidacy
Please be reminded that you are not able to save your work in the below webform. We advise that you prepare your materials in a Word document or other application, and only populate the fields below when you are ready to submit. You can download a Word version of all application questions here. For questions, please contact LeadForSociety@uchicago.edu.